As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Star Wars: Legion Rebel Troopers


These 28 mm figures happened to catch my eye the other day. They are the Rebel Troopers Unit Expansion for Star Wars: Legion. I have not played Star Wars: Legion but I have enjoyed 2 other games from Fantasy Flight Games - Wings of Glory and X-Wing. As a big Dave Mersey fan, I am eagerly awaiting the release of Xenos Rampant - and these guys look just right for what I want to do.


Here is the entire unit that you get in the expansion pack. A nice variety of realistic poses and I like the look and feel of the figures. They are very simple to put together; but, unless you are an expert, not a lot of opportunity for conversions other than possibly head swaps. And I am no way an expert! 

Size comparison with GW Space Marine.


I'm making a bold assumption that this is the leader as he has that distinguished leader look. Not a desk jockey by any means. I based the color of the google lenses on goggles I wore in my military service. And for your geek boys and girls out there (I'm one) he is carrying an A-280 Blaster Rifle.


It's no coincidence that he has salt and pepper facial hair just like your humble (BWAW HAH HAH!) author.


This soldier is armed with an MPL-57 Ion weapon. Based on the card that comes with the expansion, it looks like this weapon is useful against vehicles and armored units. Plus it looks cool.




Female soldier with an A-280 Blaster Rifle. One of the nice things about taking pictures of your miniatures is that you can see more details of what you have done if you have older eyes like me. I see (and I have actually done it already) that I need to add some flesh color above her upper lip.



This is the guy with the big blue head so he doesn't get head gear. I love that some of the figures have pads to reinforce the knees. I have no idea what this alien race is supposed to look like in Star Wars but I like the blue mottled look.



I don't know about you, but especially for skirmish games, I tend to name or give nicknames to my figures. Isn't great you don't have to grow up? This is Sven.



And of course this is Yukon Cornelius.



If it can bleed it can die." According to the card, this is a Z-6 blaster that he is carrying. I don't know the name of the character from Rogue One that carried a similar weapon (to me he is Mister shootie in the Face) but this really looks great. A nice support weapon for the infantry.


Okay, I had to look it up. And what he is wearing has potential for a future figure too! His name is Baze Malbus (I'm going to have to watch the movie again because I swear they never mention his name). Not the same weapon, but I bet it has similar effects.


I like how his Blaster Rifle is strapped to the pack.



In fact, "The Kid" (the guy with the Ion gun) also has a blaster strapped to his ruck which I think is a nice little detail.


This was the first unit, except for the bases, that I painted entirely with GW Contrast paints. I wanted a simple look for soldiers in the field.

Ready for action - either in the Star Wars Universe or in the future with Xenos Rampant.

4 comments:

  1. These figures look great! The close ups show the detail and your painting very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m really impressed with the sculpting and consistency in quality.

      Delete
  2. I think you mean the trooper with the Z6 blaster cannon (a chaingun) with the blaster strapped to his pack. The painting is top class.

    ReplyDelete