As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Second Quarter 2021 Update: How's the Plan going?

"According to my notes, we are right on track."

Here is the plan I developed for 2021; let's see how it's going. 

1. The French and Indian War. His Most Catholic Majesty, King Louis XV has requested politely (something about it being a pain in my neck if I don't get going) that I finish the initial French force for the French and Indian War. I'm planing on using one of the suggested force listings from Rebels and Patriots:

a. Two units of Light Infantry at 6 points each (Compagnies Franches de la Marine). One is complete. I plan on doing the second unit of Compagnies Franches de la Marine during the 3rd Quarter.

 

b.  One unit of Skirmishers that are Sharpshooters at 6 points. Prepped and primed

See, I started them.

I plan on finishing them this quarter.

c. One Large unit of Aggressive Natives at 6 points. Complete!



2. The Great Game goes Hot! The Russian Empire vs. The British Empire in a fictional (and I mean fictional) war in Central Asia that impacts the British Raj. I'm planning on using both The Men Who Would be Kings and In Her Majesty's Name for all of the fun. It will take place between 1895 and 1920 so I can pick what figures I think look cool for the fight; in other words, be prepared for uniforms and troop types that don't go together historically (I said it would be fictional!). And what's not to like? It will have Wolseley Helmets (just like fezzes, Wolseley Helmets are cool), Russian spies, Political Officers, dashing semi-historical uniforms, Maxim Machine Guns, Pathans, Sikhs, Cossacks, Boris and Natasha, mustaches on stiff upper lips, etc. The conflict will start with a disputed succession of a princedom and a threat to the Khyber pass. The opening shots have been fired! 
 
Initial Russian Field Force: Complete! But . . . Force Creep! I'm going to add one more infantry unit plus some Regular cavalry and Cossacks. Gotta have cossacks!  

Well done General, we now have enough troops to deal with the Britishers and their lackeys.

The Izmaylovsky Lifeguards

The British Raj: The Initial Force complete - plus with an extra. As expected (see above) I'm expanding the British Indian Army with more Indian Forces. I completed a Princely State unit, Tribesman and will add two more Indian Infantry units and probably some Indian Cavalry (of course they will probably be Bengal lancers).

The 19th Punjabis

The 14th Sikhs

The Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment)

Indian Army Maxim Machine gun

The Royal Regiment of Chaimbellistan

Tribal Infantry for both sides!

3. The adventures of the TFS (The Free Ship) Audacity. Rules will probably mostly be IHMN Edition 2 ( I also need to finish painting the Audacity). Painted and Complete!

TFS Audacity

Picture of Lady Helen Quartermain and some of her crew that was used in the Second Edition of In Her Majesty's Name.

 4. Paint some old GW Phoenix Guard for Honorable Son #5 (The Skirmisher). They will be used as some sort of elite infantry in Dragon RampantNot yet.
 
5. Try to finish the generic Scottish Infantry (two units) for my English Civil War project. If I really get on a roll, I'll add two units of Scottish horse and one Scottish Artillery Piece. The Scots are still waiting. I really need to get on this. The musketeers for the first unit are almost done but then I put them away. I think once the other items are done I will focus on the Scots.

This pike block has been finished for over 3 years. Time to get the unit finished and some more.
 
6. Keep my hobby self-funded primarily through the use of eBay Auctions. So far so good; even had a large commission this quarter to paint.

Ulysses Paxton, Llana of Gathol and a big green meanie as part of the Barsoomian commission.

7.Auctions to also help keep me funded:

Morgan's Riflemen

Agents of Justice!

Mysterious Masked Avengers!

Daughters of the Empire

8. Hey, I built something from Sarissa Precision:


9. And the famous Battle of Malana was fought, the first major engagement of the Anglo-Russian War.


10. The second engagement of the Anglo-Russian War was fought also; battle report to come in July.



Well, that's the plan so far through half of 2021. I hope you continue to have a great year of painting, collecting and gaming!

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you are at least partially on track Neil...but you really must get the Covenanters painted this quarter ! Look forward to the second instalment of Great Game gone Hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right about the Scots; I’ve been stuck in the mud with that project.

      Delete