As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

My Second Company of Compagnies Franches de la Marine

Lieutenant Charles Deschamps de Boishébert et de Raffetot, Compagnies Franches de la Marine points out to his men where he wants the ambush set-up to defeat the their enemies from Great Britain.

My initial French Force for the French and Indian War, using the rules Rebel and Patriots (Paid Link), is complete. As a longtime gamer, of course there will be units added to the army! Here is my second unit of the Compagnies Franches de la Marine. I'm not going to go into the background and history as it was covered in a previous post when I did my first unit of Compagnies Franches de la Marine.

I wanted this unit to look different than my other Compagnies Franches de la Marine unit, and fortunately, the men wore a variety of dress as campaigning in the North American colonies of Great Britain and New France took a toll on regular uniforms. As a unit of light infantry and experienced with the terrain, their uniforms are practical as well as distinctive from my other unit dressed with only the blue jacket.

The complete unit of 12. Figures from North Star Miniatures Musket and Tomahawk Range  available from North Star and Brigade Games.

Scouting with Native allies. Indian Warriors from Warlord Games.











7 comments:

  1. These look excellent Neil and I reckon you have achieved your aim of greater individualism. They have that mixed, irregular look, part compagnies franches, part coureur de bois that I'd expect of troops fighting and living in the wilderness.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,
    I’m glad you like them because that’s exactly the look I was going for. Thanks again.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome unit of French Marines, Neil! One of my favorite units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. Stayed tuned for the battle report of our first game.

      Delete
  4. Very nice Neil - lets see how they fare against the Devils in Skirts!

    ReplyDelete