As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Friday, December 10, 2021

2021: My Favorite Individual Figures I have painted in 2021



Yep, it's time to review the year and do some self-promoting and self-indulgence! Most of my projects this year focused around my fictional Anglo-Russian War using The Men Who Would be Kings (Paid Link) and the French and Indian War using Rebels and Patriots (Paid Link). I'm going to brag on what I feel were my best figures or enjoyed painting in chronological order.

1. Native American Warrior from Warlord Games.


2. White Russian Officer from the "Back of Beyond" collection from Copplestone Castings.

Major General Pavel Ivanovich Mishchenko.

3. British Officer and Indian Muslin Infantry from the "Back of Beyond" collection from Copplestone Castings.

The Colonel and the Havildar.

4. Russian Naval Officer from the "Back of Beyond" collection from Copplestone Castings. Figures that are mostly black are a challenge to paint to make them look realistic - but I think I pulled it off. Plus I love the dramatic pose.

Kapitan-leytenant Yury Andreyev.

5. American Rifleman, AWI by Perry Miniatures.


6. The Shadow by Pulp Figures. See above comments about figures that are mostly black!

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!

7. The Domino Lady by Pulp Figures. Figures that are mostly white are another challenge.


8. Figure form "Daughters of the Empire" from Pulp Figures. I have painted this figure many times for clients and auctions; I think this is the best version I have painted.


9. Conversion of a Warlord British Highlander from the French and Indian War and some old Warhammer bits. Hello Victorian Science Fiction!

"Let me introduce ye tae mah wee friend!" 

10. Sowar of the Sikh Squadron from Artizan Designs.

The Turban says it all.

Next: Favorite Units of 2021.

9 comments:

  1. They are all very nice but my favourite is definitely the Maharani! I wish she could be purchased separately - the rest of that Daughters of Empire dont do much for me - and I am a BIG fan of the Pulp Figures range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulp Figures is one of my favorites too; Bob Murch does a great job.
      Neil

      Delete
  2. Some gorgeous figures here, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great figures Neil. I do like the black jawed Native.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I had a love/hate relationship when I was painting the Natives. I loved the way they turned out but it took a long time to make each individual figure look different. Thanks again.
      Neil

      Delete
  4. The Highlander looks like he could so damage! But my favourite is the American Indian. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful selection. If I was forced to choose then, like John, the Highlander grabs the attention (that's for sure!), but the woodland Indian is just perfect.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete