As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, December 25, 2023

Play Test of WoFun Peninsular Rules: The Basic Rules

French Skirmishers screening a French Attack Column.

Every once in a while it pays off to check the Drafts Folder. Here is a battle from 2021 when my friend Tom (The best darn pilot in the Galaxy) and I were playtesting the WoFun Peninsular Rules with the French and British starter sets. I have long since lost the notes to the battle though I remember that the British pulled out a win. We went with minimal terrain and the game was fun, fast and furious. I especially like using measuring sticks and casualties are removed by base once the accumulate enough hits.  The use of cotton balls (smoke) helps keep track of who fired - and looks cool! This post is the unedited, pictures displayed in order version and I do recommend the rules.

Home made measuring rods that speed up play.

The opposing forces.



You can almost hear the bagpipes as the 60th Rifles form a skirmish line.


British Light Dragoons.





Here come the French screened by Voltiguers.

French Artillery with Dragoons in the background.


The French General de Brigade.








Both Brigade Commanders.



Moving in echelon in Brigade columns.

The first casualties.






























The British Brigadier was a casualty leading a cavalry charge.


















 

2 comments:

  1. The Wofun figures do look remarkably good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised at the quality and the great customer service and fast shipping to the US. I'm planning on doing Leval's German Division for the Peninsular in 2024.

      Delete