As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, November 27, 2023

Afghan Tribal Force Update #13b: The Second half of Pashtun Tribal Unit #2

The last 8 figures of my Tribal Infantry unit for the core force of Afghan/Pashtu's for the Northwest Frontier Uprising of 1897 - 1898 are starting to come together. As usual they are mounted for The Men Who Would be Kings but can be used with just about any colonial rules. The recommended size for Tribal units in The Men Who Would be Kings 16 figures so now it's time to paint these put the last 8 hard plastic Perry Miniature Afghan Tribesmen .


This is probably, or at least very close, to how these figures will be positioned on the 3 figure stand.


I've been particularly happy with the unique drummers and standard bearers I've been able to make and convert using the Perry Miniature Afghan Tribesmen. The above figure gives you an idea what I did not using the recommended body for the drummer and adding some household string for the drum and some extra accessories that come with the box.







Yep. These three will look good together.


Whoops! I need to fix how the figure on the right is holding his shield.


Though the shield does look good from this angle . . . decisions, decisions.


Beware the old man in a young man's profession.



Okay. I need to fix the eyebrows. I can't have a fierce warrior going into battle looking like he is crying.



"Grrrrrrr."


Hopefully the next post will have the completed figures based and ready to join the fray.

No comments:

Post a Comment