As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Afghan Tribal Force Update #13c: The Second half of Pashtun Tribal Unit #2



(Trumpet fanfare in the background . . . or should it be tribal drums?) The last 8 figures of my Pashtun/Afghan field force is complete. There will be some additions in the future but now I have enough units to start the Northwest Frontier uprising of 1897 - 1898 using The Men Who Would be Kings. Expect some serious action in 2024.

As the Indian Army forces start to withdraw, the tribesmen are quick to pursue from the high ground.



I'm a big fan of the "3", "2", "1", mounting of figures for Tribal and Irregular units - though I must admit I have done it with some Regular Cavalry and Infantry. I like the ability to only move them quicker but to build mini - vignettes. The Perry Miniatures hard plastic Afghan Tribesmen are perfect for this.


I'm really proud of the drummer I did this time. It really compliments the animation of the other figures and shows what is possible with the box of hard plastics from the Perrys'.



Yep - you guessed it. This is the base with two figures mounted and do they look ready to deal with infidels - or their own cousins!




There are lots of extra scabbards, shields, jezails, etc. to give some pizzaz.


And now the single figures. Beware the old man in a young man's profession.



I did not realize until I started basing that the shield had slipped down when I glued it on the figure. Instead of redoing and repainting I just decided to leave it where it is.


As mentioned in the Princess Bride, beware the man in black.




The classic Pashtun/Afghan tribal warrior in mostly white armed with tulwar and shield.




One last look as they move to rendezvous with the rest of the tribal gathering.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see them off the bottle caps and in the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! They should strike terror to the infidel Britons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully in the next battle which will be in 2024 they will.

      Delete