As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, November 13, 2023

Ogre: Heavy Artillery


 I'm continuing on with my project of painting Honorable Son #3's (The Chemical Engineering Pilot) miniatures for Ogre. Here is the Heavy Artillery.


As usual, with usual GW Contrast Paints you need to prime with either White or a Grey. All of the Ogre miniatures I am priming with White. The base is Contrast Basilicanum Grey along with the small metal highlights on the artillery tube. The tube itself is GW Contrast Black Templar.


Remember with Contrast paints to do the lighter colors first unless you want to go back and use white again to get a lighter color over a darker color. The gun carriage and Fire Direction Center (FDC) are Contrast Ultra Marine Blue with the doors and hatches highlighted with Contrast Basilicanum Grey with some red and yellow. The stripe around the gun carriage I had to go back an paint white and then I painted it Contrast Nazdreg (BWAH HAH HAH) Yellow. Ta Dah! Instant artillery battery (not counting the initial primer) I did during the first half of a football game.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent. With the news of one last crowd-funding push for OGRE, I think that I will get my stuff on the painting table in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete