As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Favorite Units I painted in 2022, Part 2


 Continuing on from Part 1 and as before there are links to the full posts on the units:


Here is my interpretation of the 10th (The Duke of Cambridge's) Bengal Lancers (Hodson's Horse) of the latter part of the 19th Century and early 20th Century for The Men Who Would be Kings. All figures are from Perry Miniatures.


This was the first unit I used GW Contrast paints for some of the items (I did a lot of experimenting first!). I also added extra trailing scarfs to the pagari (turbans) and a sash to the officer from the Perry Plastic Afghan box. If you are going to have lancers, they need to look dashing.


The Queen's Own Guides, Infantry, Punjab Frontier Force with figures from Artizan Designs to join my Indian Army. Another unit for The Men Who Would be Kings; are we starting to see a pattern? With this unit, about 1/2 of the colors are GW Contrast paints.


Except for the bases, these GW Space Marines were the first figures I painted completely with Contrast Paints. You have to adapt to a different painting style, but the results are worth it. The will be used for Xenos Rampant.


This is the start of my second of three Irregular Infantry for the game The Men Who Would be Kings which I am still painting as Pashtuns from the Afridi tribe. Though the unit is not "technically" finished (the other 6 figures to finish are packed up) I still think I did a great job modelling the figures from the Perry Plastics and having fun with the bases.







Next unit up for my Indian Army for The Men Who Would be Kings is the 20th (Punjab) Regiment with all figures from Artizan Designs (UK/EU link and US Link). I felt I had my "speed painting" method down so except for the bases, this is the first historical unit I painted using only GW Contrast paint. As you can see above, for this unit I went with the alternative basing of "3", "2", "1". Of course they can be used for other popular Colonial rules.


To finish up the year (sooner than I thought as the magic painting machine and figures had to be packed!), I discovered Star Wars: Legion figures which I'm going to use for Xenos Rampant and who knows? Maybe I'll give Star Wars: Legion a try. All of the figures were painted using Contrast Paints. This is the Rebel Troopers expansion pack.


Here are the Rebel Commandoes. I can't believe I don't have a team shot for the class reunion.


I guess not everybody from Mon Calamari joined the Rebel fleet. Pretty cool marksman/sniper.


And last but not least, the Rebel Pathfinders from Rogue: One. Plus they have a left handed figure!


Until me and my Beautiful Bride get settled - good painting and good gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment